Renewing a Facility Audit
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) requires any Contractor or Subcontractor providing Structural Precast Concrete, Changeable Message Signs, or those performing welding operations for: Welded Steel Poles for Lighting and Signal Structures; Overhead Sign Structures; or Steel Pipe Piling, to successfully maintain their Facility Audit. The Facility Audit may be active for up to three years.
A Facility will need to renew their Facility Audit before the end of their active term.
The following are the instructions for renewing a Facility Audit with Caltrans:
- All renewal documentation shall be submitted six weeks prior to the expiration of the facility's active term.
- Include a letter requesting renewal of the Facility's Audit.
- The Submittal of the Facility's self audit shall be a current copy. Please include any current supporting documentation (such as, but not limited to: certifications, Welding Quality Control Plans, Welding Procedure Specifications, etc).
- Send one hard copy of the Facility's full submittal to:
California Department of Transportation
Statewide Materials Support Branch, MS 5
5900 Folsom Boulevard
Sacramento, California 95819
- Send an electronic copy of the Facility's full submittal to the contact listed below.
What the facility can expect from Caltrans:
- The Facility will receive notification of receipt of documentation from Caltrans within two days of receipt of the Facility's submittal.
- Caltrans will review the submittal. Caltrans will then compose a letter of comments to the Facility denoting issues with the submittal. If the comments require a response, it is Facility's responsibility to produce this response.
- If a Site Audit is required, the Facility will be contacted by Caltrans during the above process.
- The Facility will receive the Letter of Completion and the Certificate of Completion when the Facility has successfully completed the Facility Self Audit and the Facility Site Audit (if required).